November 20, 2015

To be, or not to be - The Political Correctness Dilemma

Alright alright alright. We meet again. I didn't think you'd ever show your face around here again after last time.

I sure didn't. It's been a long time since I have posted something here, so if you're coming here still I'm grateful for your readership. And for the fact that you probably didn't have anything better to do when clicked on a link somewhere that brought you here.

Click-bait. I haven't yet  while writing this thought of a title for this article yet, so if I really did write something genius to lure you in here give me a moment please to pat myself on the back. *pat*

So. What's up, doc? 

If you're a she - That's good. Of course, that shirt looks great on you. And I totally agree, you're guy was prick to leave you alone at last night for a game night with the boys. Come and sit tell me all about it, while I try and figure out a way to make a pass at you.

If you're a he - Damn dude. Did you see the game last night. Our guys *enter sports team name* killed it, man. Did you see *last name of favorite player* do that thing in the last 5 minutes, it was EPIC. What, oh you're girlfriend had called you up and you missed the shot. That's cold man, damn you're so whipped. 

For the ones reading this  and have now come to conclusion to go ahead and title me a sexist just by those couple lines above. Kindly go ahead, also on shut the door on your way out. Because I am not going to explain myself to anyone. Frankly I am too tired of trying to not come under any title, the society is currently trying run away from.

Whenever I read about any of big civil rights movements that have happened around the world, I've noticed that there has always been three groups in the conflict - the ones who are oppressed, the ones who do the oppressing; and then the ones who don't understand any of it but still are scared shit-less of inadvertently causing any conflict. In any of those major turmoils, the majority of the people come under the third category. Only a small portion of the world's population are actually evil (mostly the ones on a power trip) and do bad things; onto other equally small portion of people (usually the ones without any real power to speak of). 

And majority of the other people don't come under those categories, these are the ones who barely make it through their life each day to oppress anyone else or have enough time to contemplate if they are oppressed themselves.

This doesn't in any way mean that I have any reservations with people fighting for their rights. I say, more power to them. I am a liberal and am sensible enough to know that homosexuals are people, women are equal (or better) to men, and people of religions other than mine are not conspiring to take over the world. 

Gullible/selfish/political pricks are not probably thinking on the same lines as I am. But I am sure a large majority of the people like you, reader, think the same.

People are good at heart, and they are in some weird way biologically programmed to care for each other. I know that sounds very Anne Frankish. But I do think we all have a deeper sense of empathy than we give ourselves credit for. Whenever you see someone exploiting another living being in some way it mostly has to do with greed, stupidity, cruelty, or pure A-holery. And nothing to do with that guy's religion, sex or race. This a-holery is also passed on from one generation to other generation of like-minded a-holes in the form of propaganda and conniving greed-stories. If you just cut off the influx of a-holery into these people's bloodstream you begin to see that they are just like you and me. Weak hairless apes with slightly less confused brains. 

The population of a-holes are still nonetheless very limited. I am sure not many of you who are reading this come under this umbrella. You are mostly, like me, normal day-to-day commoners. Someone who tell sometimes enjoys a good sexist joke at workplace. Make insult jokes at both men and women alternatively. Make puns on people of all race and religion, including your own. Always with the hope of getting a laugh out of the people around you. It is not that you are prejudiced against other people, it is just that you are a attention seeking pretending-to-be-funny moron.

"Is this politically correct?" No.

Probably isn't politically correct to say that a man has gotten whipped when he hurries to home after a call from his wife. Nor would it be politically correct to joke about a female coworker spending more time fixing her hair than working for a change. 

But you see these things always get an easy laugh from people. And we by habit love to do things easy. You know, everyone is thinking it. You're just saying it out loud. Of course, they're gonna comeback at jokes of their own about you. Come on, look at yourself at the mirror someday, loads of material for a good bit right there. That hair, duude!

So for you my politically incorrect friends, I say - Rip it out. Next time you want crack jokes and someone else's expense go ahead. Vent it out. Vent out all those ages of prejudice and inappropriate jokes you've stored up inside of you. Have a blast! 

(Just don't do that literally, please. That's terrorism.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me how you felt about this article..